Notice inviting Nominations/Applications for Shiv Nath Rai Kohli Memorial Mid-career Best Scientist Award for the year 2022
January 13Expiring at: February 3
Panjab University has instituted an annual "Shiv Nath Rai Kohli Memorial Mid-Career Best Scientist Award" comprising cash prize of Rs 100,000/- (Rs. one Lac) and a plaque with citation from researchers in institutions of higher learning located in Chandigarh/ Punjab.
The Award is open in any field of Sciences, Humanities, Medical Science, Dentistry, Microbial Science, Commerce, Business Management, Languages, Sports Science, Library Science, Computers, Engineering - any stream, and others. It is based on research work done in India, independently or in a team or in collaboration with other Indian institutions.
Online application will be preferred. However, hard copy if complete in all respects will not be rejected. Application must reach the office of Director, R&DC, Panjab University Chandigarh by 31 January 2023.
Self-nomination is permitted.
Query, if any be addressed to Director, R&DC, Panjab University Chandigarh email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Panjab University, Regional Centres of Panjab University and its affiliated colleges, Central University of Punjab, member Institutions of CRIKC, State Universities & Research Institutions of Punjab.
1. Any Researcher/Scientist below the age of 50 years at the end of the year prior to the year of convocation. For instance, for the convocation to be held in 2022/2023, the age of the applicant / nominee must not be above 50 years by 31st December, 2022.
2. Number and quality of published research papers in indexed journals, and patents in any field (sciences, humanities, medical science, dentistry, microbial science, commerce, business management, languages, sports science, library science, computers, engineering any stream, and others) based on work done in India, independently or in a team or in collaboration with other Indian institutions will be considered.
3. The papers/patents selected once of the award winner will not be considered again.
4. The awardee (individual or in a team) will become eligible to apply again only after a period of 5 years. However, team members other than the awardee will be eligible to apply, on the basis of research work not considered earlier for successful selection of the award. The similar work of the awardee will not be considered again for the award.
5. Patent(s) awarded to the applicant must be in the name of the institution (not personal).
6. There should not be any established case of plagiarism or criminality against the applicant/nominee.
7. The awardee will be required to deliver a public lecture / talk on her/his award winning research work for general public which will be arranged by the Panjab University or any member institution of CRIKC.
The research output will be evaluated in terms of bibliometric analysis including no. of research papers published in Indexed journals (excluding paid journals), number of papers, number of citations, h-index, cumulative impact factor, novelty of research, executive value of patent(s) etc. It will be purely on merit and open to all.
§ Research Publications (2 marks for each research publications published in SCOPUS) Capping = 20
§ Number of Citations (1 marks for five citations in SCOPUS) Capping = 25
§ h-index as per SCOPUS (1 marks for one h-index in SCOPUS) Capping = 30
§ Cumulative impact factor (1 mark for 5 impact factor) Capping = 10
§ Number of Patent granted (5 marks for 1 patent) Capping = 15
In order to ensure that there is no discrimination with respect to the fields of research, the bibliometric data analysis from SCOPUS for the following five major groups of disciplines will be normalised with respect to Median Impact Factor/Citations / value of h-Index of the disciplines. The normalisation for the last 5 years of the year of award will be worked out and duly announced at the time of the award:
Group-1. Biological / life / Agricultural Sciences including plant, animal, microbial, biophysical, biochemical, genetical, molecular, biotechnological and Immunology allied sciences
Group-2. Chemical / Pharmaceutical/ Toxicology/ Pharmaceutics / Physical / Material / Geological / Earth sciences, Environmental sciences / Ecology and allied subjects
In order to offer equal representation/recognition to each of the five major groups, the selection will be made from among the candidates representing the group not awarded during the first cycle of the last five years.
For the six-year (2022) i.e. the current year award is open for the best mid-career scientist from any of the above groups (i.e. group 1 to 5).